Time Controls

I think it would be nice a time controls, so you can accelerate the time while waiting for something. I think thats a better solution that “Wait until” because it would be useful to watch while waiting.

1 Like

There is already such an option when you take a shift in your stores with the “Fast-forward time” toggle button but I think it could be nice to have it extended globally.

I kind of understand the game design decision behind this, to make the game more realistic I guess. But sometimes I have nothing but to wait for my employees to do there job and to respond to various situations/emergencies. Actually the only option is to sleep (in the car, bench or at home) to pass time, and you cannot really monitor accurately your “business empire” situation. It feels also a bit lame for my “ambitious CEO” to sleep for weeks waiting for money to flow to do and investment (of course I can take a loan to expand my investment possibilities but you cannot take loans when you already have multiple ones so you have to wait for money to enter.).

Basic example of a usage: I took my first employee and I don’t have to manage the cashier anymore, so I want to focus on shop inventory and clean floors… for now I can’t stay in store in “fast-forward” to check the floor cleanliness evolve I have to go in my car/home to have a BIG nap and come back to check and clean.

Or (and ?) maybe have some CEO shift in our home/HQ with a dedicated desktop workstation where we can have a global overview of our operations (like live evolution of cleanliness, actual number of customers, shop inventory, etc) with an included “Fast-forward time” toggle button like on cashiers.

We had the fast-forward control always available before, but it caused lots of issues in the game (the simulation couldn’t keep up with the game speed). That’s why currently we only have it inside buildings (when working).
Time machine is different as it stops the simulation, so benches work well outdoors.

So basically I think we won’t see a “global” fast-forward option anymore, but of course it’s a valid suggestion to make it available indoors even while not working.
I also like the idea of using your CEO desk in the HQ for speeding up time, although that would only help if you’re nearby the HQ anyways. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Tank you for you explanations and answer… I guess I am a newbie gold boy here didn’t knew the option was here before.

I also like the idea of using your CEO desk in the HQ for speeding up time, although that would only help if you’re nearby the HQ anyways. :slight_smile:

Well at least you could pass time without your character sleeping all day like a true business man :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, like City Skylines.