Tax System + Balancing + Content Ideas

TAX SYSTEM

I believe the tax system should be reworked in the form of marginalized tax brackets. So for example early on you get taxed at 20% but once you start making millions your tax rate jumps up to 60% for example. I think this would make the game more realistic as this is at least how the United States operates and also it would increase the amount of time it takes to get extremely rich.

BALANCING

• At this point I think it’s well known Clothing Shops absolutely need nerfed hard. Making over 500k a day with a clothing shop makes literally no sense considering there is barely any startup costs as well.
  • Creating a Law Firm should require you to go to Law School and acquire a Bar License before being able to start one, lawyers also should not be as easy to find as they currently are. Doesn’t really make sense that you can find 10 lawyers in a day for $5,000.
  • The player should not be able to sleep 24/7 and just make millions for doing nothing, it incentivizes the player to be lazy and not play the game and makes no sense from a realism stand point. That’s essentially a Coma.

CONTENT

• I believe you should be able to micromanage your employees more such as manage their benefits package, adjust & negotiate their salary according to their skills, it would also be nice to see them develop more needs to set them apart instead of just being a cog in a machine.
  • I think the player should have more needs then just Sleep and Hunger such as the need for going to the bathroom and showering. Happiness should also effect more aspects of the game, as it currently seems like it does next to nothing, if not nothing at all.
  • Having job tiers would elevate the roleplaying experience. Such as having lawyers first work as a Paralegal and then progress to a Law Associate and then afterwards progress to Partner of the Firm throughout these stages they should want more money, better benefits, more or less hours, etc.
  • This is a relatively small change but I think building walls should be implemented, I think it would significantly help with the building side of the game and allow for much more customizations.

Overall, this game is very great especially for early access and for just have coming out. It’s a blast and I look forward to the future of this game. Thank you!

6 Likes

At this point I think it’s well known Clothing Shops absolutely need nerfed hard. Making over 500k a day with a clothing shop makes literally no sense considering there is barely any startup costs as well.

Totally agree. But in order to reach the 100Mo valuation, we need some shops to make more money (cf my post “New shops + tier list shops”).

Creating a Law Firm should require you to go to Law School and acquire a Bar License before being able to start one, lawyers also should not be as easy to find as they currently are. Doesn’t really make sense that you can find 10 lawyers in a day for $5,000.

Agreed. Need some specific workers for specific works and we need to spend more money to hire them. But in comparaison to shops, i think we need to make more money with some business, and i think we need to have the possibility to reach more customers per hour (barely 4 customers per hour max now).

The player should not be able to sleep 24/7 and just make millions for doing nothing, it incentivizes the player to be lazy and not play the game and makes no sense from a realism stand point. That’s essentially a Coma.

If right now we just sleep to pass time, its becausing… we have nothing to do. Nothing interesting in the world, dont need to explore cause we cant fin anything to do,… So i disagree cause i think we just need to be able to do more activities (to spy competitors, steal new products or new idea of product, speak with NPC who could give us some tips, and having some secondary quests,…).

I dont really think having more management option for our character shoud be a good thing. I mean, right now we need more management option to our shops and business to keep being busy.

Having job tiers would elevate the roleplaying experience. Such as having lawyers first work as a Paralegal and then progress to a Law Associate and then afterwards progress to Partner of the Firm throughout these stages they should want more money, better benefits, more or less hours, etc.

Its a good idea cause i always think having business in this game, kind of weird while playing. I mean, it seems justify cause we need a headquarters, but it feels off. So seeing our employees upgrade then when reaching 100% in skills, being able to have a new tier to earn more money, could be a good idea.

4 Likes

Thank you for your comment! I do understand why people are sleeping constantly but they need to implement more activities like you said and then disable sleeping so much. Maybe like 12 hours a day max but it doesn’t make sense for people to sleep 24 hours back to back to back, not realistic at all.

I will check out your post “New shops + tier list shops”.

1 Like
  • At this point I think it’s well known Clothing Shops absolutely need nerfed hard. Making over 500k a day with a clothing shop makes literally no sense considering there is barely any startup costs as well.

no they dont. Its pretty obvious and realistic. The clothes you wear were most likely produced in Asia for around (with all costs like transport) at max 5 bucks but sold for 20 or more if no name if Adidas or other named brand even 100 or more. Yeah see the big profit margin? Plus most store sellers are paid bare minimum

• Creating a Law Firm should require you to go to Law School and acquire a Bar License before being able to start one, lawyers also should not be as easy to find as they currently are. Doesn’t really make sense that you can find 10 lawyers in a day for $5,000.

investing to be able to open it sounds good. but that lawyers are rare is not really true. Ok dont know where you live but here every block has at least one law firm with up to 5 lawyers. The law universities are full of people even if most of them dont really get to the end. Technically its unrealistic to find any kind of employee for 500 bucks atm. So if you go here for realism you will barely find people at all especially not for the crappy salary we give the people. Even cleaning stuff barely works for minimum wage these days.

I don’t think you get my point. Yes, clothes are high margins, however… a clothing shop still does not make $500,000 profit each day. It just isn’t realistic, because they don’t have tons of customers like a fast food place does. Low Margin = A lot of customers, High Margin = Less customers.

I agree that lawyers aren’t exactly rare, however a lot of them open their own practices instead of working at a firm, and they still aren’t as easy to find as a retail employee for example. Currently every employee has the same difficulty to acquire & hire which doesn’t make a lot of sense logically or balancing wise for the game.

Thank you for your comment :heart: