Improved Hiring Options

It’s frustrating to be looking for only part-time or full time and have the entire slate of candidates only want the other. Also, it would be nice to be able to only get candidates of a particular skill level. In fact, I’d say both of these are more important than the “how many days”. Like IRL, a recruiter can’t control how long it takes them to find the right person, but they will find someone eventually.

So instead of “I want 10 people tomorrow” (8 of whom are unacceptable because they want to only work part time in a law office and make my schedule hard… who ever heard of a part time lawyer? :smile: ) I would say, “I want a lawyer, Full time, at least 40% skill, ASAP” I’d pay a little more for each requirement there (and more for ASAP). Or I could say, “Just send me any lawyers you find, whenever you find them.”

9 Likes

The Part-time/full-time filter would be awesome. Also, there should be an option for same-day hiring by paying extra.

I love this idea. Lately, I’ve just been calling the hiring agencies and doing multiple 10 person campaigns so I’m just flooded with options and that has been helpful but if I could specify my specific needs and pay extra, I’d love that more. Paying an extra bit of money to get exactly what you need for your next store wouldn’t bother many I’d assume when the alternative is to sift through all the “No weekends” and “4 day work week” people.

EA 0.3 “Employees: Revised recruitment/hiring system” should hopefully add a lot of this type of thing!

2 Likes

i want to develop a chain of restaurant with some extra employees i have, but it kinda came into a bottle neck for employees as i dont know which one is full time and part time from 400~500 employee, would it be useful to have a function to sort those employees out ?

1 Like

When hiring we should be given more hiring options outside of a staffing agency like hiring through the HR manager or automate the process entirely through the HR manager. Early game the player should also be able to create their own job listings (help wanted poster, internet, newspapers, etc) and applications should be given a time limit.

Staffing campaigns should also have more options for criteria like experience level and availability.

2 Likes

I’ve been spamming recruitments to find lower wage employees so i can train them up to max whilst avoiding high wages. I would like an option to focus the recruits based on their desired wage. It’s pretty standard IRL to post salary/wages or at least a general salary for that role.

This feature can just be a slider underneath the desired age of employees.

2 Likes

Adding to this, it would be nice to also be able to be able to set a minimum skill threshold, in case you want to go the other way (hiring the best skill level, even if you have to pay more). Each requirement you add should also have an additional cost to the search. These extra features could also require having HR.

1 Like

I imagine that Update 0.3 is well into development so I’m not sure if anything I suggest would be useful or if it’s more like a dollar late and a day short, but just in case:

I’d like to see more employee skill sets. One option would be that Customer Service remains a base skill in every business but you would need to hire someone with “barista” skills to work at your coffee shop, for example.

One reason I suggest this is because I often rent a building and then try to hire employees for it so I can train them for a couple days before I actually start the business (to keep my alerts low on the side menu, they bug me). But currently in the game I have to select some random company to hire for and then unassign them from a business they were never going to work at, rather than just search for employees with a specific skill set.

There it is, for whatever it’s worth.

0.3 features are in various stages of development already, but I keep these threads open until the feature is released for just this reason!

That’s something that very likely will get expanded, but not yet!

This should be addressed in the new feature!

More options for narrowing down results when searching for employees, such as pay range or skill % range, etc.

1 Like

I don’t know … there was a reason why it changed from the old phone recruiting picker to a more ‘pool’ way of choosing your employee’s.

Doing it like that would make it easier, but then again would probably make it so easy it would look so redundant… Now you have to ‘find’ the employee you want.

And in real life it’s also a struggle finding the ‘right’ employee so I think it somewhat displays that this way. If you simplify it like that you take away this element.

Thats a good point, I hadn’t thought about it like that. Thinking about it like that, what is in the game now is probably a better system than what I suggested.

Actually not really, businesses normally set up databases for stuff like that. I also find it strange that the employee sets their wages. In the USA it’s the employer not the person applying for the types of jobs in that are in this game. Sure they might not take the job, but the pay is normally low for these jobs, but its also why they have high turnover. They should have employees quitting all the time and having to replace them.

When hiring new employee’s, they should be automatically unassigned to a business. I also think we should remove the “which business are you looking to hire them for”, and just leave it as you’re looking to hire this type of employee.

As it stands I am constantly clicking between screens to unassign an employee, then train them repeatedly and then move them.

I have a couple suggestions as to how you can make the employe handling more interesting/helpfull for the player:

• Being able to use more specific parameters when searching for new employees would be great. Of course it would have to come at a price. I think it is strange to not be able to specify whether you’re looking for a part-time or full-time employee for example.

• Being able to re-negotiate a contract with an emplyee would be very interesting. In this situation you could try and offer the employee longer working hours (part-time to full-time for example, or vice versa) because they have great stats, but doesn’t fit your current plans. This would of coruse also come at a price, since the employee might need convincing.

Thank you!
Keep up the great work!

1 Like

I agree that part-time/full-time is a missing option when searching new employees. I would also add an option to customize hourly wage per employee so that we can set it manually for each employee, and the hourly wage shown when employing would be the one that is desired by the employee and it could be shown as a requirement low/med/high that if we set it lower the employee could be unhappy and leave.

Another nice feature would be if we could add an employee to multiple businesses and not just one, so eg. 1 employee could work at cash register in the morning at coffee shop and the same employee could work at restaurant in the evening.

Also I find it very missing that I get a notification that employee called in sick, but there is no any information that he can get back to work and we need to check employees list every day to see if he’s not sick anymore. There’s also idea for sick notification to have some details like how many days approximately employee will be off and the notifications could come as SMS from employee instead of in-game toasts.

1 Like

In EA 0.3 recruiters now offer the option of full or part time, plus the Headhunters offer more advanced recruiting options!

1 Like