Do Hybrid Businesses Work?

I want a kind of market / eat in restaurant. I’m going to try it, but I wonder if it can work properly. We’ll see!

1 Like

Thankfully, when you choose a store type, you aren’t restricted to selling for example, just flowers in a florist. My largest shop sells everything except food. I can’t see any reason why your idea shouldn’t work, let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As @Violicious said, you can mix in whatever you’d like!

One thing to keep in mind, the store will adapt customer behavior based on the primary store. So if the main store is the supermarket, the customers will get a basket and grab everything themselves (including pulling food out of the fryers by hand!)

However, if you start as a fast-food primary store, the employees will serve everything to the customers instead!

2 Likes

Lol, thats a great idea!

1 Like

I did notice that the salad bar worked like that in a little market I created. The deep fryer is somewhat alarming ! :slight_smile: Good to know that thing about which kind of business you select as your primary type. Will keep that in mind! Thanks.

1 Like

I always suspected SuperDave’s description to be the case but I’m glad it is confirmed. I’ve been going out of my way to build very nice in-store food options for customers and kept getting mad when they wouldn’t let the employees get the food for them. Knowing this now, I’m probably just going to go back through my stores and gut all the counters and barriers and just let them have at it. Might even toss all the food at the front of the store so I can put more shelving in like the original plan was before I decided to become Costco.

3 Likes