Auto-scheduler per station

The auto-scheduler is really cool but isn’t perfect. A few of us were chatting in discord and had some ideas. Mainly: It would be nice to be able to set the hours for each register/station.

For instance, the auto-scheduler often tries to have the cleaner work way more hours than are needed, and it doesn’t spread it throughout the week. Even if your store is open 24 hours a day, you could limit the cleaner to a specific 4-hour window, so the auto-scheduler only schedules the employee(s) during those hours.

Additionally, if you’re running a 75-capacity store, you have 3 cash registers. Perhaps you want the store to be open 24 hours a day, but it’s not that busy for the first 10 hours. It would be great to do something like one register is open 24 hours a day, but the other two registers are only open from 10:00-22:00.

This could also help in situations where you don’t have enough employees to fill the full schedule (like while you’re hiring/training for a law firm), so Saturday/Sunday are left fairly empty. If you could limit certain registers/desks to certain hours, it would allow the employees to be distributed better throughout the week.

2 Likes

I have found you can get away with a part time cleaner 2 hours a day 7 days a week. before or after the work day and half way though it. So for a 12 hour day you only need them to come in for a hour at the 6th hour mark and after everyone goes home. This way the floor is always clean and the shoe marks stay away.

2 Likes

I found that auto-schedule does not concern employee’s demands, which leads to a lot of staff resignation.

As I said in the other post, a store manager may be a good idea so that every store manager (i.e. AI) can manage the staff in order to maximise productivity + meeting their demand.

1 Like

Could you post a few screenshots of you using auto-fill and it not fulfilling demands? A store manager could be fun to have for other reasons, but this feature already exists with HR. HR already should take Employee needs into consideration properly. It will leave chunks of the schedule missing in order to make sure employees’ needs are met if you don’t have enough employees to fill the schedule.

If yours isn’t and is leaded to resignations, that is very strange and sounds like something is glitching!

2 Likes

sure I will have a look next time when I log in the game

1 Like

It would be nice if cleaning people were scheduled to be evenly distributed over all opening days, instead of giving 8 hours on Monday and Tuesday.

1 Like

I thought the schedule already allowed for running your 75 capacity store with just one cash register in the off-peak hours, eg. simply by allocating staff to one cash register from 10pm to 6am for an 8 hour shift. It would affect your customer capacity in those hours, but isn’t that what you are saying SHOULD happen naturally anyway.

True, you can manually do that, but this is about the auto-scheduler function.

I don’t think I’ve come across that function in the game. I’ll look into it. Cheers.

You need your employees to be supervised by HR for it to work properly, but it’s the button to the top-right of the BizMan > Schedule page (below the employees, above the schedule)

Do you mean the HR MANAGER SETTINGS inside HQ where you assign employees to each HR Manager?
…or is it something I’m missing completely. Cheers.

1 Like

Inside the HQ, with the HR manager, you need to have the employees be assigned to an HR Manager.

Then back in the BizMan > Schedule page, you can use the button that says “Auto Schedule All”