A few ideas

Loving the game, grate concept.

1a) Appliance delivery Qty. When we fit out a new shop, we are limited to 18 items per delivery slot. that’s fine at the start of the game, but I am now at a stage where i need a lot of items to set up a shop. could this be increased?
1b) Along the same lines as 1a, but also a way to pick up a large qty of shop items. (not stock, i mean the shelves etc). For stock, we have the warehouses and drive through whole sale store, but could we have the same for the ‘appliances’
1c) import ‘appliances’ delivered to our Wearhouse, then either deliver through our own distribution to store or so we can load our own vehicles to fit out a shop.(i am not to worried about selling appliances, but this could become part of the same line?

2)Pricing items. we can chance each item’s price, but other than the 1 line of feedback for the whole store, or staying in store to see customers speech, there is no way to see if a specific item is overpriced, so is hard to gage what price to set. maybe a simple arrow at the end of each item on the price adjustment page (green/red) to indicate customer feedback on that specific item.
2b) the ability to set the same price across all stores.

3)Mortgages. we can take out a loan but could we also have the option for a mortgage from the bank directly related to 1 building we purchase. (This could then require a ‘lawyer’ etc either at our head office or a rival etc for the purchase of a building).

4)Shops in shops. i know we can place other shop items in the same shop, like jewellery in a clothes store, but looking at the sales i get, they don’t sell as well in a different category shop.

5)Department stores. this sort of ties into the problem of item 4.
5a) the ability to rent a small store inside of a larger store, where competitors can also have stores.
5b) the ability to set up our own department store filled with our own mini stores.

1. Marketing.
    6a) when a store is closed for the day, i am still paying the daily marketing fee. i suppose this dose make sense, but could the cost be split between the open days only?
    6b) Marketing the brand, brand awareness campaigns that would boost all stores.

2. Delivery’s. Specifically from our own warehouses. I have recently had to add an additional Wearhouse as the 1 I had could not keep up with demand. although i am now able to keep up again, it would be nice to have a way of telling how much capability my own delivery’s have.
    7a) it would also be nice to be able to set a priority for a specific shop and/or item type.

3. I know some items are planed to increase character happiness. Would takeaways that deliver to the apartment be an option?

2 Likes

Some good feedback, although it might be better for each big feature to have its own “feature suggestion” so people can vote on the ideas they like. In a massive post, it’s hard for the devs to see which ideas are resonating with people.

other than the 1 line of feedback for the whole store, or staying in store to see customers speech, there is no way to see if a specific item is overpriced

True, the Bizman Insight only tells you about the whole store, but if you increase one item at a time until the customer satisfaction starts to drop, you’ll know the price for that item before moving to the next item. I feel it they spell out too much information explicitly, it takes away most of the challenge of figuring it out.

it would be nice to have a way of telling how much capability my own delivery’s have.

Your delivery capability is listed in the Logistics Manager page and is based on the vehicle size. A car can deliver to 1 location, a van can do 2 locations, and a large freight truck can do 4 locations. If you pick a warehouse with two parking spots and put two freight trucks in there, one warehouse can deliver to 8 locations.

Big Ambitions 10_15_2022 5_49_04 AM

1 Like

Also, in case you didn’t know - each district has its own price demands, so it’s typically not the most ideal to set the same price at every store in different districts. For instance, a clothing store in Garment District can sell Classic Cheap Clothes for around the default $72, but in Midtown, you can sell it for $150. This feature would be nice if you have multiple locations in the same district, though.

1 Like

To be honest, i wasn’t planning to at that many, but i got a bit carried away. :smiley: Would you like me to break it up?

That is true, but i have about 10 stores with a large product list per store. Maybe another manager for ‘later’ in the game that would aid with this?

i see this, and had enough destinations, but they could not deliver enough product each night so i would have empty shelves the next day. (i did not count at the time and before i added the 2nd Wearhouse, but i would say i had 8 stores with in excess 20 shelves per store, and a large store with probable 60 shelves.

:slight_smile: i hope i got those quotes right lol.

2 Likes

To be honest, i wasn’t planning to at that many, but i got a bit carried away. :smiley: Would you like me to break it up?

Sometimes the ideas just flow :smiley: Doesn’t bother me either way - as long as the ideas don’t get overlooked if someone is just skimming the headlines. It should be fine, though!

That is true, but i have about 10 stores with a large product list per store. Maybe another manager for ‘later’ in the game that would aid with this?

Ooh, I like that. Like a Product or Consumer Manager that deals with the nuance of each item. That prevents it from being “easy”, but also helps reduce micromanagement in the later game.

i see this, and had enough destinations, but they could not deliver enough product each night so i would have empty shelves the next day.

Interesting - a couple things to confirm: My first question would typically be to ensure you have enough small, metal shelves at the store to receive the goods (pallet shelves are not used in stores, only in the warehouses), but it sounds like you have more than plenty.

Second, did you try to increase your “min delivery amount” in the logistics manager? That number is amount that will be maintained at the store. So, if your min delivery is set to 500, but your store already has 450 items in stock prior to delivery, it will only deliver 50 new items. If you increase that number, that should prevent you from running out of items. If not, that sounds like some kind of bug!

1 Like

I was aware of this, but do not make the most of this. the reason though is partly because i am lazy, but also because i am at a point in the game where each shop is making a profit, and i will tweak them a little, but i can make more cash by simply opening the next store rather than spend a few days optimising each store to the max.

That’s it. at the start it absolutely works as it is, and is part of learning the market, but later in the game, as you say, and it dose become a little tedious. (again, i am lazy later in the game, lol).

i did have the right shelves and this was a thought i had so i did check and add more shelves where needed. (This was certainly a problem for a few of the stores, but not all).

Yes, minimum delivery’s where all correct. i had added stores to the list of delivery’s over time, and it was most problematic when opening a new store. with the added logistics needed to initially fill the shop, some others that just needed refilling suffered. Some items/stores would take a few days to re supply once the new store had been filled. (items being re supplied seamed to be random, and not just focused on the new store).

if it is a feature i like it, as this would be a problem IRL. i have resolved this for now by having a 2nd Wearhouse, and will add a 3ed as needed. if it is a bug, it should be a feature, lol, but with a way to measure it.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

but i can make more cash by simply opening the next store rather than spend a few days optimising each store to the max.

That makes sense and I agree in Garment or Murray Hill. Hell’s Kitchen can be slightly worth it, but in Midtown, you can double your sale price with no extra expenses (I have a few clothing stores that earn half a million a day each)!

Yes, minimum delivery’s where all correct. i had added stores to the list of delivery’s over time, and it was most problematic when opening a new store. with the added logistics needed to initially fill the shop, some others that just needed refilling suffered. Some items/stores would take a few days to re supply once the new store had been filled. (items being re supplied seamed to be random, and not just focused on the new store).

That seems very strange. It shouldn’t be based on quantity of goods. I have a warehouse delivering to 6 clothing stores currently, and one warehouse delivers about 20,000 pieces of inventory each night. At midnight, imports come into the warehouse and deliveries go out every night, even if you add a new store to the logistics manager at 23:59, it should still receive deliveries a minute later (which is definitely unrealistic, as you pointed out in your reply).

If it’s not one of these reasons, it sounds like something might be glitching or bugging out:

1. Not enough inventory in your warehouse to supply each store (it starts with the first store in the logistics manager, so the newest store would be the one that suffers in this case)
  2. You don’t have enough shelves in your store to receive the inventory you are trying to deliver (but, if you have 20 metal storage shelves per store, this shouldn’t be the issue lol)
  3. you’re not sending enough inventory to the store (minimum stock amount) to cover how much your store is selling each day.
1 Like

i was not aware it could be that much of a difference. back to my original point (2) and me being lazy lol. my 1st few stores (which where in Garment and Murry) i did play with and some what came to the conclusion there was not a lot of difference so just went with a slightly increased price across the board. i will now go play with them though.

if i come across the issue again, i will update. (i did multiple things assuming it was a game mechanic, so cant confirm which/what specifically resolved this issue)

2 Likes