In advance, please don’t mind my spelling. My written english is not the best there is haha. i also forhet to place capital letters, ’ and . haha i just don’t see them
I’ve always had a thing with thrift stores. I think it would be a great edition to add a very different playstyle to the game within some of the already implemented mechanics.
The way i imagine it in my brain is:
- You Rent or buy a shop,
- You create the thrift store
- You buy some flat plateau’s/tiles in different sizes to place on your shop floor. (1x1, 1x2, 2x2, 1x3, 2,3 etc) on these tiles you can place items you want to sell. This way shoppers kan look at the item they want to buy making sure they only buy the items you want to sell while taking away the micromanaging of selecting what you do and don’t wanna sell.
- You buy a vehicle
- Once your up and running you get a message on your phone with a list of some items they have, where you can pic them up and when. If you want the items you click accept and if you don’t want them you deny.
- After this you pick up the items on the propper time and deliver the items to your shop.
- Once in the shop you can put the items in the back as stock or put them on the shop floor to sell.
- The shoppers walk in, look at the items, pick up what they want (After this the item dissapears), they go to the register and walk out.
Once the shop is running you can expand and automise.
- Don’'t want to deal with saying yes or no to every citizen messaging you if you wanna pick up their “stuff”? Fine! Just hire a customer service employee for your HQ to deal with this. The only thing you need to do in the HQ setting is to say what items to pick and what items not to pick.
- Don’t want to pick up stuff? Fine! Hire a driver to pick up the stuff, but ehmm you also would need a logistics manager for that because your driver would need to know where to go.
- Don’t want to place all the items in your shop by yourself? maybe you dont like Tetris? ( Play Tetris | Free Online Game | Tetris ) Fine! Hire a
stock clerk to fill the pre defined shelfs like tetrus ( hehe i know you didnt get why i wanted the flat plateau’s/tiles in different sizes to place on your shop floor. Well now you know, your employees are not as smart as you are. Thats why you are the boss!)
- You have too much stuff? Fine rent or buy a warehouse, place the flat plateau’s/tiles in different sizes and set up a logistics system.
Maybe the devs want a bit more depth or a bit more challange because this sounds like free money?
- Do you really think you would get all the stuff for free? Yeah maybe you could. But you would only get one call a day with only 2 items. And you won’t even know if they are “good” items.
- Hmm what do you mean whenyou say “good” items…? Ugh… Some of these items are pretty worn down. Maybe i need a production site to “renovate”-“clean”- “test” my new goldmine before i sell
- Whoops my driver thougt the light was good, but sadly it isnt. So it can go in the trashcontainer. Sadly i need to pay for my waste management. You know when my container is full it wont empty itself
- But i would rather pay for some testing, renovating, cleaning and waste management instead of a negative statisfaction rating for “selling bad quality stuff”
- Still to easy for you? Okay okay Fine! No cherry picking then. If you want to have some of the items i offer. You have to take them all. Hmmm thats a hard one huh? You only wanted that one tv, not the 4 chairs, the sofa, the light and the round table? You don’t know if they are the “good” items, the “not that good” items or the “Bad” items. Well maybe its time to have a more educated driver? Someone that can make a educated guess and do a appraisal on the spot. The only thing for you to do is to set the magrin percentage they are allowed to accept items.
“Hi i’m your new driver. I love this job already. Okay so you say i can buy the items for 30% of their new price if all the items combined have a condition of at least 75%”
-square ceiling light 90%
-round table 98%
The % is the chance something is wrong with the furniture piece. when the % is high there can be nothing wrong or it needs to be cleaned
When the % is in the middle there is a chance it needs to be renovated, if thats not the case it definitely needs to be cleaned
When de % is low there is an chance the items is broken and needs to be trown out. if thats not the case then it definitely needs to be renovated.
The only way to find out is to but the items and to take it to your production site.
but yeah 34% + 95% + 44% + 90% + 90% + 87% + 90% + 98% = 628% / 8 = 78,5%
so i (the driver) can but it hehe
Once your in the shop :
-tv = An employee tested it for 30 minutes a 13 dollar an hour. Sadly its broken and can be trown away. it takes ip 5/100 in the container. epmtying the container cost 150 dollar so it will cost you 7,50 dollar in trash management RESULT: $-14
-chair1 An employee tested it for 30 minutes a 13 dollar an hour. It was good and got sold in the shop for $30 RESULT: $+23,50
-chair2 An employee tested it for 30 minutes a 11 dollar an hour. after this it was renovated for an hour and sold for $30 RESULT: $+11,50
-chair3 An employee tested it for 30 minutes a 13 dollar an hour. It was good and got sold in the shop for $30 RESULT: $+23,50
-chair4 -chair1 An employee tested it for 30 minutes a 13 dollar an hour. It needed to be cleaned for 30 minutes and got sold in the shop afterwards for $30 RESULT: $+17
-sofa An employee tested it for 30 minutes a 13 dollar an hour. It needed to be cleaned for 1 hour and got sold in the shop afterwards for $450 RESULT: $+430,50
-square ceiling light An employee tested it for 30 minutes a 15 dollar an hour. It was good and got sold in the shop for $20 RESULT: $+12,5
-round table An employee tested it for 30 minutes a 13 dollar an hour. It was good and got sold in the shop for $150 RESULT: $+143,5
You also had to pay your driver for 8 hours of work a 11 dollars an hour, your logistics manager for 8 hours of work a 15 dollars an hour, and your customer service employee at HQ plus 2 employee’s in the shop 8 hours of work a 11 dollars an hour. So when i calculate you would only make $176 on that deal. and i havent even talked about the rent of the shop and the production site. BUT! i also haven told you that this was only one adres the driver visited today. the driver also vitited 3 other citizens today. en well. you already payed all your employees on your first deal. so the rest is a bonus. The other deals combined made similar profits as the first one. so thats 176 from the first one plus 3 times 648 For a total of $+2120
If you have some more quesions about my idea feel free to ask
Also let me know what you think and i would love to recieve some extra imput
Would you like something like this?