Store Template / Pre-built shops / Blueprints / Decorator

First of all, great game! It almost feels insulting to offer a suggestion but I will do so anyway:

There are only 2 things in the game that can become tedious: Training staff and sourcing appliances to start a business. I would like to offer a solution to both.

Training
You should be able to click(hold) and drag to select multiple staff members at the same time easily. There should be an option to train a staff member to max training with 1 click at a highly inflated cost.

Sourcing appliances
Designing the layout of the business is one of the best aspects of this game. But the way it functions is honestly the most brutal part of the game. I would suggest a dramatic change to designer mode. If you have a furniture/appliance menu that is populated by items from which you have unlocked by speaking to managers of the required stores, it would eliminate this problem. If you make it so designer mode is only accessible when the business is closed staff wouldn’t be an issue when moving desks. For reference I would suggest something similar to The Sims when you open designer mode. You could could close the business for an amount of time depending on costs, while contractors complete the work. This would add realism to the Designer mode rather then something you pop in and out of. I would suggest the whole process is handled through BizMan. If you visit the business during construction you will see contractor vehicles parked out side with signage and would be denied access to the building.

As of now I am about to make a clothing store in Mid Town that has all 8 categories. Its a 75 store so its 8 racks per item for a total of 64 racks. That is 4 deliveries. 16 trips with a dolly and and ungodly amount of time unpacking and that’s JUST the clothing racks.

My suggestion is a big change but the current system of sourcing appliances is B R U T A L.

Great game so far with massive potential.

1 Like

YES!!! This idea of a layout system would be perfect! The time its takes to manually haul boxes and unboxing them is really not fun when starting the 5th store and onwards, its actually a gamebreaker for me unfortnuatly. I would rather pay a contractor to do that job based on my design.
Please make this idea a reallity :smile:

A new office employee type, which gives you access to a new interface, one where you can build your store (place furnitures and walls/floor) in a sandbox mode (so you have access to every furnitures, and you don’t have to move to place them, like it’s an IKEA preview app). When you’re finished it tells you how much it costs, you pay and your Interior Manager sets it all up in a day or two (or more if you think this needs balancing). It would make sense that you would need two Interior Manager to setup two stores at the same time, so 3 for 3 etc. I think this would be a good addition because for me rn setting up a store is just tedious, so when I start the game I think about everything I need to do to go on with the game and I just end up closing it. I talked about this idea in the discord and it felt like people REALLY want this, I hope people are gonna show their interest in this on the forum too!
Thank you for what you’re doing with the game, you are doing an amazing job and I know I’m gonna end up playing it a lot even if I’m lazy

2 Likes

When the Interior blueprints feature is updated in version 0.3, will it be possible to recruit interior decorators to build blueprints? Interior decorators will automatically use the items on the store entrance tray, and interior decorators should be an employee type like truck drivers who do not need to arrange a schedule. In this way, the capacity of the store entrance tray 18 becomes insufficient, and it is currently impossible to receive multiple orders at the same time. It is recommended that the store entrance can place shelves specifically for receiving renovate items. It can be purchased from an electrical appliance store, has a capacity far greater than 18, and can receive multiple orders at the same time.

At the beginning of the game you have to buy your own goods in wholesale and deliver them to your shops. Once you have your buyer, logistics manager, warehouse and driver, you can automate that.
So you don’t really have to worry about it anymore.

SO, WE COME TO MY PROPOSAL.

You are mainly busy furnishing your shops with furniture. Understandable at first, but to bring it into line with reality, an interior decorator would be ideal. Either you take on the work and equip your shop yourself, with driving there, shopping, driving back, placing it, or you hire an interior decorator to do it for you. With additional costs, of course.

This can now be integrated in two different (maybe more) ways.

I’ll take a fast food restaurant as an example.

1. There are four choices.

Simple equipment (burger grill, cash register, vending machine, goods shelf, garbage can)

Normal equipment (hot dog grill, salad bar, table with chairs, burger grill, cash register(s), vending machine, goods shelf, trash can)

High equipment (industrial fryer, hot dog grill, salad bar, several tables with chairs,
music, plants, burger grill, cash register(s), vending machine, goods shelf(s), trash can)

Rich equipment (equipment like Hot dog grill twice, otherwise like “high equipment”)

The whole adapted to the rental property and the type of business.
Of course, a 75m² rental property cannot be equipped like a 200m² rental property.
If you want to switch to the next higher equipment, the missing objects are simply added and a price difference is calculated.

2. Drag and drop principle.

A possibly simpler method for programming.

You call the interior decorator and choose the shop that needs to be furnished.
Then you will be shown the store (Empty or not empty) and a list of objects you can place for the business type (like 3D room planning software).
With each placed object, the price increases (you have to be able to afford laziness^^) or there is a flat rate.
After one or more days, the interior decorator is done with his job.

The same principle can also be used for wall and floor design.
And the same principle can also be used for your home.

I hope you like this idea as much as I do and give this idea your vote.
Thanks!

Love the idea of being able to customize further the store!

When in mid to end game, it’s pretty simple to buy a lot of businesses, but with time you customize less because:
1 - It’s hard to customize each furniture color
2 - It’s hard to place too much furniture, like in offices where you have to place 50 desks + 50 chairs + 50 computers + 50 decorations for each desk + etc

Probably it would be nice to have a few options to ease a little this burden, such as:

• Being able to save a group of furniture disposition (like in Two Point Hospital were you can save the room layout)
  • Being able to buy the furniture already setting the colour
  • A better handcart to move furniture around, since 4 items only it’s really tough when you have more than 200 items to place

Maybe we could just have a screen like The Sims to place all the furniture in building mode, but it takes the required time from the store to actually place it automatically.

1 Like

After a few hours of play, it takes time to set up all the stores, especially after doing 10 stores.

We would then need a furniture placement service according to the schema we made.

The functionality would be relatively expensive : +50%/+100% for the price of furniture + the service price * number of furniture.

we could upload our schema for the community and so we could all have nice store and save time.

1 Like

Hi, been talking on discord about this ideas, and it’s what we came up with:

A new company/contact that setup stuff for us :

• You call them, choose the adress, the type of goods you want to have on the shop, they’ll automatically setup the shop regarding of the max capacity, using the furnitures needed that you wanted, for a large cost, they’ll handle everything (like all furniture price added +25%)

• OR, You call them, Adress, you choose the furnitures and numbers that you’ll need, they will just setup the shop, for a large price as well (like all furniture price added +25%)

• OR, You call them, they’ll just setup the place with items received from delivery or shelve in the shop/appart/office, for a lower price since you’ll need to buy the furniture (like smthing related to sqm)

This idea would really help people setting up shops or offices, since at a time we slow down and engage more in investements or real estate, with this idea, people will keep opening stuff in late/end game

But I would not let this possibility until at least first or second year, so people HAVE to setup shops themselves at the beginning!

Other idea:

Something around public services, I’ve got the idea of calling a number to block a road to better access with the semi, since it’s a nightmare to handle on the streets and always blocking everything, having a number to the Mayor’s office to pay for like half a day to block the road you choose, parking and road, that would help

And regarding this Mayor thing, there could be a lot of possibilities regarding this, having to do “missions” for the mayor (if we want) like setup an apartment, fill up the church, lend some money or simply having more garbage can if our shops to make the city “cleaner” or having a free lawyer office

And this would give us either discounts on taxes, or discount on real estate, or even opening the way to a political carreer, that would make the billboards adds amazing !

3 Likes

I imported some goods but I got message pellets are full.
Really need someone to do the job for me.
Or a alert in phone which show no.of spaces available in warehouse/inventory.

2 Likes

It would be great to 1) Know how much space is currently available in the warehouse and 2) how much space your current purchase will take. That way it’s not a big surprise when you run out of space!

Personally, I think the player should still have to grab the items and place them, but at least you could know it’s an issue ahead of time!

2 Likes

Players can upload apartment / store designs onto the workshops.

Players can apply these designs in-game by hiring / calling an interior designer.

I’ve enjoyed the store building game loop at the start. It makes sense cause start ups need to do the same I imagine. Though at a certain point, I felt it became too repetitive and I found myself wishing if I could just ‘hire’ someone to build it for me. Would you consider adding a function to minimize this game loop for the audience that want to spend less time building stores?

A great idea, I suggest for the “interior designer” to add the ability to copy the interior of his existing company, this function is ideal for the innovation of franchises and brands.
If the size of the new room is equal to the size of the room of the copied interior.
For example: I made a brand and I want my stores to look the same. :slightly_smiling_face:

You’re really going to like EA 0.3 :slight_smile:

Sorry for the message, I didn’t get acquainted with the roadmap, after I wrote, I saw it, thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

No worries! That’s why I’m here :smiley:

With EA 0.3 this was the big feature added!