Roommate / Family / Children

In the new devlog, it showed an apartment with two beds, which got me thinking…a Roommate option would be very interesting.

Early game, you put out an ad, similar to how you recruit employees, but for a roommate. It could cut rent in half, and your roommate could help out with things like stocking food. But if you never stock food or clean up, the roommate could get mad and leave, making you pay full rent (and maybe even leaving you “bad reviews” or something on your business).

Continuing on from there, I have no idea if “relationships” have been considered for the game, but that could be a cool extension - family is often a big dynamic in reaching your dreams - do you put off a family, or do you ‘slow down a little’ in order to try to do everything? Or do you just get a pet instead to split the difference?

A significant other could be another business person who helps expand your empire, but now you need twice as much food. Or your partner could support you at home by buying groceries and cleaning, etc., but then also require a little “quality time” each week.

Sorry for wall of text…just got excited by the idea when I saw the dev log :slight_smile:

27 Likes

I was going to post this feature suggestion but luckily I searched for it to see if it was already made. Hopefully now that the game’s out, more people will vote on this! I’d really love for it to be a feature to complete the whole ‘life simulation’ aspect of the game (that’s how I found it was by that tag in the steam store) and you really expanded on my ideas and took it to a level I’d love to see in the game!

Maybe there could be a dating app and resulting date events that add appointments to your schedule. If you’re successful in those (they can just be a quick fade to black or something) then you can propose marriage and they can move in as long as you own a double bed. Right now there is no point in having a double bed. But anyway, the candidates could have a profile picture and maybe some traits or stats to go along with them. If this is implemented, please allow options for LGBT players :blush:

6 Likes

Definitely in this game marriage and nightlife etc. There should be social activity.

14 Likes

Also some illegal stuff would be funny, but probably only via modders

3 Likes

Yeah, I think this should be a priority to add to the game, even with a dlc I would pay it!
It would be good to have your own family, friends and social activity

2 Likes

It is a game that simulates the life of a businessman, and one of the aspects of the life of a businessman or everyone in general is that they get married and have children, so it would be great if this thing was possible in the game, and ofcourse there will be responsibilities, including providing housing, food and all the needs of the family

5 Likes

it would be nice if there was a relationship system, that our character could have a wife and children. we would choose a child who would take over our character a bit like < the guild >

5 Likes

i really dont know about that , that sounds more like sims thing than businesses sim thing

1 Like

maybe some relationship with clients , like to have regular customers?

1 Like

I would love to see some sort of way to carry on the businesses when our character dies or retires (Haven’t got that far yet) So our save never ends and it can continue to rise.

5 Likes

I’m fine with the idea as long as it is not forced or required. Like what was said above, that’s more of a Sims type of thing than a business sim type of thing. I already have a family to deal with IRL that cuts down on my play time. I don’t need a digital version to cut it down even more.

1 Like

i mean i woudnt mind the "carry over businesses thing but the family and stuff … i mean thinnk it could be added ? but definetly it cant be forced on players also i really do not think for what reason you would want to do that , like play the sims instead , its a game where you building up your character success . Power and money not happy life with kids and family

1 Like

but more "speakable " nps would be fun , i remeber in some point in demo i think there was i task to speak with citizens and ask them what they want in some neighborhoods. love to see sometihng like that also

2 Likes

to get a wife and children that can continue on the empire wen you die

1 Like

I love the game so much so far and I would love to have add some rpg-ish style elements with having a family for the cool houses and all you build and do.

1 Like

you can live forever but i was thinking that and it would be neat (its 77M in hospital)

1 Like

I was thinking about this…that would be wonderful! Just an addition to the idea, the wife/husband could have demands that alter their happiness based on profession. (low-wage jobs create low demand and high-wage jobs generate high demand) people with low demand will contribute less financially, but require cheap treats (gift, flower and cheap jewelry), high demand expensive treats. Also, wife/husband happiness could give happiness bonus to the main character. if the partner is happy, positive bonus, unhappy, negative bonus.

1 Like

Drug dealing etc. would be cool way to make some extra money

I noticed how alone my 18 year old character is all the time. No friends, no GF/BF, no plans, walking alone in a park. It’s pathetic lol. Maybe there should be a social aspect added to the game with friends and relationships. Maybe they can help you get better deals sometimes importing. The wife sends you on honey do list runs. Might be fun lol

2 Likes

We need tax evasion ASAP