Real Estate Development

I would love to see real estate as a type of investment in the later state of the game. Being able to transform certain parts of the city, would give so many unique opportunities to the player. It could range from having a couple of apartments, or shops to rent out, all the way to buying empty lots, or occupied lots and building a whole new building on the property. The game could also implement dealing with certain rules and regulations the city has, and having to deal with the legal side of developing real estate, such as waiting for permits, hiring workers, and professionals, and building your own company around it.

Hope others agree as well. Also, I don’t want to turn the game into sims or anything, but designing buildings could be a nice addition.

12 Likes

being planned for beta 3. I like your thoughts on it too. not to limit it to just buying an existing building but also maybe allowing the player to customize the look of their building. I like that.

3 Likes

Ability to Access Multiple Floors of Large Buildings (Skyscrapers, etc.)

Potential for Other Types of Real Estate Properties:

• Potentially Add Factory Buildings or allow warehouses to become “Industrial Properties” that can be used for multiple purposes as Warehouses, Factories, Data Centers, etc.

• Specialized Industrial Property (Refinery, Waste Management Service, etc.) background, visitable landmark, or a purchasable investment in late career.

• Self-Storage Unit Complex (An Investment and smaller/cheaper place to rent a unit to store Extra Business Furniture/Equipment & Inventory).

• Shopping Center Complex in addition to the individual retail building already in beta (Manhattan Mall Inspired).

• Large Multiunit Apartment Complex’s

• Hotels: Luxury, Moderate, and Cheap

• Billboard Properties

• Telecom Towers

3 Likes

Additional Idea: Percentage Retail Rent

Retail Real Estate Space rent could be based on percentage of retail sales (~5%-7%) with a fixed based rent component that would pay additional rent if store retail sales exceeded the minimum sales target. This is very common in the real world especially in desirable locations like New York.

Example:

Target Sales: ~$1,000,000/year
Percentage Rent Rate: 7% Sales
Base Rent: ~$70,000/year

Actual Sales: ~$3,000,000/year
Base Rent: ~$70,000/year
Additional Rent: ~$140,000/year
Total Rent: ~$210,000/year (~7% Sales)

2 Likes

Investments in the form of buying buildings and earning rent will come with beta 4.
I’ll leave this topic open though, as it takes a broader approach including buying land and construction.

1 Like