Online Shop / eCommerce

I think creating an online shop is a good thing, so we can sell/buy goods more easily and it will connect with web development employees and expand export/import functions

24 Likes

Cool idea!
I would add that it could work as following:
There are new warehouses in the city where you can deliver your goods to. Each warehouse is owned by a cooperation that is in competition to each other. So one might have lower fees (for example one has a fee of 10% of the sell price but only 100,000 users and the other has 30% but 1,000,000 users). You can use your truck to deliver those goods to each warehouse and then use any PC owned by you to sell at that website/online shop. Goods are sold 24/7 but also depend on supply and demand. You can also pay for advertising to get more visitors to your online shop. Each of your companies/stores has its own online shop and separate per competitor online shop. When you arrive with your truck at the warehouse, you use your handtruck, unluck your truck by putting the goods on the handtruck and bring the handtruck to a delivery pallet. You then place the goods on it. At the end there’s an option “Store goods” and then you select for which shop you want to store the goods. Once stored, you can manage your inventory on your computer. You can at the pallet also select “Remove products”, then select from which of your online shops/companies and select which product to remove. It then is put on the pallet and you can take it to your truck. Online shops also have competition between each other so you might sell your products to expensive etc. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like the idea of the online shop, but i think it would have to be kept simple.
Maybe along the lines of the Wearhouse building, with an office link.

• Office is required with programmes, this sets the total number of customers available to the website.
  • Linked to a Wearhouse (or multiple) with delivery vans/lorry’s and the right stock.
  • This is then shipped (by NPC, and doesn’t have to be viewable).
    -marketing could then be used to boost sales.
5 Likes

I’ve played Startup company for years and that gave me this idea:
New feature related to web dev office:
Create an internal project, this is a website that needs maintenance and devs to improve it (let’s skip for now the materials, this will cost only money to start with)
This website is used by customers to order food or other goods from my businesses.
the business will need to have a new employee as “delivery driver” like those in the warehouse, and each one should have a bike or a car or something.
we may need to have to link a vehicule to the store that will do the deliveries somehow, maybe a new building like fleet storage or something like the warehouse.
Let’s throw in some “reviews” from the customers that will show like facility and service and impact the amount of orders your shop gets.
deliveries will yield a 30% more money but with some chance to lose the order that depends on the skill of the driver -just some spice- and here is an easy way: chance of losing an order = 105 - driver level, this will end up as 30% more money for a delivery with a chance of 5% to lose everything using a 100% driver skill.
Enabling the delivery service on your store / website will increase the capacity of that store by 20% thus the need to add the extra machines and so on. This 20% depends on the level of the website (2% for lv 1 and 20% for lv 10)
A website can only serve 1 store.
A website costs money for hosting, depending on the level 100$ per day per level.

I have more details about this suggestion, if you upvote this, i’ll make sure to add everything as an enhancement for this v1.0 :wink:
Seperate stats for this system will be good.

2 Likes

I like this idea, could be based out of a warehouse or something, with trucks needed to make deliveries.

1 Like

I would like to be able to add online shopping stores

Greetings
Today I was thinking about how to create more income by making it easier for the customer to buy.
An ecommerce would be a beautiful and feasible idea because the delivery man’s job is there, the warehouses are there.
You just need to create a window to create the ecommerce and choose the products to sell.
Tell me what you think!!!
Have a good time!!!

Franztroll_ITA

I want make ad Amazon xD

The online store model of most games in the Chinese version can be used as a reference

1 Like

Would like to be able to open a fulfillment center to send online orders of certain stores. It could be an add on to your existing businesses or an additional feature run from HQ or warehouses. I would prefer to rent a warehouse specifically for this. My clothing store does well but I could do so much better if I can sell online. And have to pay for advertising through Voogle lol.

1 Like

The traffic index could be changed to have 2 separate stats:

• In-store traffic
  • Online traffic

While the in-store traffic sales would be done as per usual, the online traffic sales could be done in 2 ways: have in-house delivery drivers or outsource to a delivery service.

Things that could come with this:

• New delivery service “product” option
  • New business delivery drivers (either per business or a new whole department ran by a new HQ manager)
  • Separate views for online and in-store sales
  • Ads type would affect sales types accordingly (e.g online ads = better online sales)
  • New package type to accommodate the delivery
1 Like

This would be a very good idea, I would also make a dedication to the other game that have this company , which is a startup company. Being able to have a part of that game in this would be fantastic and a good dedication and show the potential that Hovgaard Games has. :grin:

I had this same thought and you can have different delivery options, think Amazon vs instacart, where you can either pay full time delivery people or the person gets a portion of the cost.

Im not sure how technical it would be however you can make the rating of delivery vary by the amount of drivers. If you have 1 driver it will take longer for 10 deliveries as opposed to having 5 drivers.

make online delivery from the store to the buyer. such as creating new features by add jobs for delivering goods or food from our retail stores, and this can be connected to web development employees and improving the online ads function

This is a good idea