Lane Keeping Function

Driving a car is fun, but doing subtle manoeuvres on the narrow streets of New York can be a challenge.
So I think it would be really useful to have a lane-keeping function.
I think it would benefit both users who like driving and users who are not happy with driving if the WASD for accelerator, brake and direction could be left as they are, and if a key could be pressed to keep the car in its lane.

3 Likes

Personally, I’m usually not in one-lane long enough to make use of this function, but it’s an interesting idea.

Maybe it could be part of the fancy cars with autopark and such, but I doubt they will do this for most cars, considering they intentionally implemented lane-drifting if your car is damaged on the side. That’s part of the “life simulation” aspect I think they are going for more than just purely business management.

1 Like

I think the driving is pretty good in this game. I wouldn’t really need that feature since I never follow rules lol but it certainly would be a cool feature though!

1 Like

I’m all for. It’s a drag to constantly keep my car in the lane.

If the game would auto-keep the car in the center, while driving in a lane for 5 seconds or so, while not pressing A or D, that would be great!

I would be arrested for drunk driving if this is not implemented - so please! :laughing:

This feature would be outstanding. With 150 hours in in the last 3 weeks, driving is by far the biggest issue.

Another possible suggestion is to use the mouse cursor at the nose of the car to control it, similar to running and holding the mouse button down in front of your character.

The mouse option has been suggested a few times, and might get implemented. No word on that for sure, yet, though.

I genuinely wish that you could have an option for walking around with WASD instead, I really dislike mouse movement systems in games and disable it whenever I can(Arma3 for example).

You just have to activate it!
Options > Controls > Controller Mode > Keyboard or Controller

Thank you, It must not have been there the last time I played, either that or I’m just blind lol.

1 Like

The game has a lot of elements, it’s easy to miss things! :smiley:

1 Like