Initial thoughts

So I’ve played a few hours and am about to open my second business (a fast food restaurant) and my car got stuck (I posted an image in the bugs forum) so I figured this would be a good time to put in a little bit of insight.

First off, I love the concept. I know it’s in a middle state of alpha so these kinds of bugs will not only exist, but be rampant and I’m OK with that. Granted I’d like to get further than where I am, but we’ll see where things progress :stuck_out_tongue:

From my first impressions, however, traffic is entirely too heavy for how fast time goes by. I’m only using my car to get long distances such as the wholesale warehouses and the larger appliance stores simply because the traffic is so tedious. It wouldn’t be so bad if time didn’t go by so fast, but considering time literally speeds by you have to drive fairly recklessly in order to do what you need to do during the day. It’s fairly immersion breaking. In my opinion, the default time should be close to 4x maybe 10x slower than what it currently is. Perhaps with a way to speed it up other than being at a register to make up for when you aren’t trying to travel? I think if the time settings were more relaxed, traffic wouldn’t be nearly the issue it is right now.

Secondly, I’m having a lot of issues with grey clipping, which I’m assuming is a severely low draw distance. Sometimes it’s not so bad, sometimes it keeps me from even seeing a few buildings away from me. There aren’t any graphics settings yet so not sure if there’s anything I can do on my end to fix this.

Can’t wait to see what else the game already has in store, but I’m going to wait until I hear something about my car being stuck. Not sure I want to start another game for the same small thing to keep me from being able to progress.

Hi @joshuad5839, thanks for your valuable feedback!

The time speed is something that will still be worked on. If I’m not mistaken, Jonas already wanted to experiment with slower time progress, but it would’ve been to instable for this alpha.
At the same time, there are also some people asking for faster speed, so we’ll see what will be done about this. We just have to keep in mind that the game has to be simulated properly. In an earlier version there was the option to select “double speed”, but many calculations didn’t work fast enough and lots of stuff was messed up.

Traffic on the other hand is work in progress. We recently switched to a different traffic system and it still gets regular updates and fixes. I would guess that it will take several more versions until we have a smooth result. On the other hand however, we also have to keep in mind that it’s New York and we want traffic to be a bit “annoying” with traffic jams during rush hour etc.
The more you get automated, the less you will be influenced by traffic. At the beginning of course it’s more but once you got delivery contracts and don’t need to get to the wholesales store anymore, it will be much better. The headquarter is currently scheduled for the next alpha version, allowing you to shift even more tasks to your employees.

Can you take screenshots or even better a video of the grey clipping? Would be interesting to see how it looks for you. Currently I just know of an issue while you’re taking the subway.
There are a few very basic graphics settings, you can reach them from the main menu:

I just found the options in the main menu, I was looking for it in game, which it isn’t present. It defaulted my GFX quality to low, so let me try it on high and see if that fixes the grey clipping. I’m running a RTX 2060 so it shouldn’t be an issue.

EDIT: Just to update, changing my settings made my game unplayable. I should have taken a screenshot but I’m just reinstalling to see if it will fix it.

1 Like

Hey! Any chance you can send a screenshot or video of that?

Unfortunately I didn’t take a screenshot before I reinstalled. Reinstalling fixed everything though. Perhaps later tonight I’ll try to replicate it, but basically it made all notifications blossom across my screen and be stuck there, it looked kind of like the old Windows Solitaire game after you’ve won.

If you repeat it, it would also great to know which settings you have before (when it’s still working) and to what you change them.