Franchises / Branding

Hi i would suggest to implement function that group your business concept. i make an example. I create 1 gift shop and name it “Star Pack” . After that i want to create a chain of this shop with the same name. It need also to take all the logos from the mother concept. Not that i need to recreate every time colors and logo. And maybe in the Econoview you can see all your concept grouped

14 Likes

I agree with this you should be able to create Franchise Brands/Concepts that you can copy over to next shop.

There is also the potential to license Brands/Concepts to or from other companies like in the real world.

Licensing Franchise Brands/Concepts: Franchise Royalty ~5% Revenue to Brand/Concept Owner, Brand Marketing Fee ~2.5% of Revenue invested in marketing the Brand.

3 Likes

This is something I need. As well the idea to chain them together for the warehouse delivery’s would be spectacular.

1 Like

When you’re creating businesses it would be nice to be able to franchise businesses so you can take a look in Bizman what shops are in one franchise. That way it’s more easy to navigate within a certain branch of your ‘empire’.

To grow on this you can add certain headquarters to each franchise who are linked to your main corporate.

Also being able to place managers within the store is a fun idea.

3 Likes

I love this idea. I see a lot of stores in the game that seem to be all the same and I’d love to be able to have the same without me having to put in all the hard work after I’ve already built the name up.

2 Likes

Please add the ability to open multiple locations of the same business. For example, if you have a fast food restaurant that you want to turn into a large chain. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Deutsch: Ideen zum zukünftigen Franchise System.

Liebe Entwickler,

hiermit möchte ich euch meine Ideen zum zukünftigen Franchise System näher bringen.

Vorüberlegung:
Im Spiel gibt es eine Zeitung (Presse), in denen täglich Neuigkeiten zu finden sind. Dabei sind Informationen über Unternehmen sowie Import- und Exportunternehmen, behördliche Regulierungen usw. aber auch Werbeanzeigen zu finden.

Dabei ist es dem Spieler möglich durch die Gründung einer Marke, kontinuierliche Qualitätskontrollen, Einhaltung der behördlichen Regulierungen (z.B. zeitlich begrenzte Regulierungen zu Öffnungszeiten oder Verkaufspreisen) sowie ein hohe Mitarbeiter- und Kundenzufriedenheit auf sich Aufmerksam zu machen, sodass die Zeitung von der Marke schreibt. Dies erhöht - neben dem Schalten von Werbeanzeigen - die Bekanntheit der Marke. Eine höhere Markenbekanntheit sorgt für folgende

Vorteile:

• Vergünstigungen im Einkauf beim Import/Export
  • Reduzierung von Mindestbeträgen durch den Import/Export
  • Vergünstigungen der Lieferkosten
  • Erhöhter Umsatz der Marken-Unternehmen
  • Festlegung eines individuellen Lieferzeitpunktes

Dabei ist es dem Spieler möglich, jedem seiner Unternehmen eine Marke zuzuweisen und
unter gewissen Voraussetzungen Franchisegeber zu werden um Franchiselizenzen an andere Unternehmer zu verkaufen.

Um ein Franchisegeber zu werden muss der Spieler für seine Marke und dessen Unternehmen, für welche er ein Franchise eröffnen möchte, gewisse Voraussetzungen erfüllen:

1. Die Marke muss eine Bekanntheit von (Leicht: 50%, Mittel: 70%, Schwer: 100%) erreicht haben
  2. Der Spieler muss einen Gesamtumsatz der unter der Marke geführten Unternehmern von mindestens $50’000 erwirtschaften.
  3. Die Marken-Unternehmen müssen eine Kundenzufriedenheit von mindestens (Leicht: 50%, Mittel: 70%, Schwer: 100%) haben.
  4. Alle Mitarbeiter der Marken-Unternehmen müssen eine Fähigkeit von (Leicht: 50%, Mittel: 70%, Schwer: 100%) haben.
  5. Alle Mitarbeiter der Marken-Unternehmens müssen eine Zufriedenheit von (Leicht: 50%, Mittel: 70%, Schwer: 100%) haben.
  6. Die Lehrgänge “Marktwirtschaft”, “Vermarktung” & “Markenanalyse” müssen absolviert sein
  7. Das Hauptquartier der Marke muss ein Unternehmensmanager, Qualitätsmanager und Marketingmanager eingestellt und der Marke zugewiesen haben.

In den Punkten 7 sind neue Tätigkeiten genannt worden. Diese möchte ich gern weiter erläutern.
Jeder der genannten Manager haben hohe Ansprüche an ihren Arbeitsplatz, ein hohen Stundenlohn (mind. $250/h) und betreuen Kampagnen die je nach Kampagnenlänge variieren ($10’000/Tag).

Unternehmensmanager:
Der Unternehmensmanager ist eine Tätigkeit, bei dem der Spieler die Unternehmen der Marke verwalten sowie Franchise-Lizenzen vergeben kann.

Dabei kann der Spieler dem Unternehmensmanager anheuern Franchisenehmer zu akquirieren.
Dabei werden dem Spieler nach erfolgreicher Suche (Dauer und Anzahl der Ergebnisse kann vom Spieler eingestellt werden → Preis variiert)
Anschließend wird dem Spieler folgende Ergebnisse angezeigt

• Name des Unternehmens
  • Unternehmenstyp
  • Bekanntheit in %
  • Umsatzbeteiligung in %

In Abhängigkeit der Suchdauer

• Umsatz der letzten x Tage in $
  • Durchschnittliche Kundenzufriedenheit der letzten x Tage
  • Durchschnittliche Mitarbeiterzufriedenheit der letzten x Tage

Je niedriger die Kunden- und Mitarbeiterzufriedenheit desto höher die Umsatzbeteiligung aber auch die Wahrscheinlichkeit für Skandale, die mit der Marke in Verbindung gebracht werden könnten → Einfluss auf die Bekanntheit der Marke.

Fähigkeit:
Je Höher die Fähigkeit des Unternehmensmanagers ist, desto besser sind die Suchergebnisse.

Qualitätsmanager:
Der Qualitätsmanager trainiert Franchise-Unternehmen in Kunden- und Mitarbeiterzufriedenheit.

Fähigkeit:
Je Höher die Fähigkeit des Qualitätsmanagers ist, desto besser sind die Verbesserungen der Kunden- und Mitarbeiterzufriedenheit der Franchise-Unternehmen.

Marketingmanager
Der Marketingmanager trainiert die Bekanntheit der Franchise-Unternehmen.
Je Höher die Bekanntheit des Franchise-Unternehmens ist, desto höher wird deren Umsatz.

Fähigkeit:
Je Höher die Fähigkeit des Marketingmanagers ist, desto besser sind die Verbesserungen der Umsätze der Franchise-Unternehmen.

Die Anzahl der möglichen Zuweisungen der jeweiligen Manager ist abhängig ihrer Fähigkeit.

English: Ideas for future franchise system.

Dear developers,

I would like to share my ideas with you about the future franchise system.

Background:
In the game, there is a newspaper (press) that contains daily news. It includes information about companies, import and export businesses, regulatory requirements, and advertisements.

Players can create a brand and raise awareness by conducting continuous quality control, complying with regulatory requirements (such as limited opening hours or sales prices), maintaining high employee and customer satisfaction, and having the brand featured in the newspaper. This increases the brand’s reputation, along with advertising, and provides the following

benefits:

• Reduced purchasing costs for imports/exports
  • Reduced minimum amounts for imports/exports
  • Reduced delivery costs
  • Increased revenue for brand companies
  • Determination of an individual delivery date

Players can assign a brand to each of their companies and become franchisees to sell franchise licenses to other entrepreneurs under certain conditions.

To become a franchisor, the player must meet certain requirements for their brand and its companies, for which they want to open a franchise:

1. The brand must have reached a certain level of awareness (Easy: 50%, Medium: 70%, Difficult: 100%)
  2. The player must have earned a total revenue of at least $50,000 from the companies operating under the brand.
  3. The brand’s companies must have a customer satisfaction level of at least (Easy: 50%, Medium: 70%, Difficult: 100%).
  4. All employees of the brand’s companies must have a skill level of at least (Easy: 50%, Medium: 70%, Difficult: 100%).
  5. All employees of the brand’s companies must have a job satisfaction level of at least (Easy: 50%, Medium: 70%, Difficult: 100%).
  6. The courses “Market Economics,” “Marketing,” and “Brand Analysis” must be completed.
  7. The brand’s headquarters must have employed a business manager, quality manager, and marketing manager and assigned them to the brand.

In point 7, new activities have been introduced. I would like to explain them further.
Each of the mentioned managers has high expectations for their workplace, a high hourly wage (at least $250/h), and runs campaigns that vary depending on the campaign length ($10,000/day).

Business Manager:
The business manager is responsible for managing the brand’s companies and assigning franchise licenses.

Players can hire the business manager to recruit franchisees. Upon successful search (duration and number of results can be set by the player → price varies), the player will see the following results:

• Name of the company
  • Company type
  • Awareness in %
  • Revenue share in %

Depending on the search duration:

• Revenue for the last x days in $
  • Average customer satisfaction for the last x days
  • Average employee satisfaction for the last x days

The lower the customer and employee satisfaction, the higher the revenue share, but also the higher the likelihood of scandals associated with the brand → impact on the brand’s reputation.

Skill:
The higher the business manager’s skill, the better the search results.

Quality Manager:
The quality manager trains franchise companies in customer and employee satisfaction.

Skill:
The higher the quality manager’s skill, the better the improvements in customer and employee satisfaction of franchise companies.

Marketing Manager:
The marketing manager trains franchise companies in raising their brand awareness. The higher the awareness of the franchise company, the higher its revenue.

Skill:
The higher the marketing manager’s skill, the better the improvements in the revenue of franchise companies.

The number of possible assignments of each manager depends on their abilities.

I’ve noticed that the game doesn’t allow duplicated names of businesses and was wondering how come that is. The only thing I could think of is to avoid confusion on which business is which when you receive alerts for them. That does make sense but what if you added another column to the list of your businesses on the BizMan app, that separated them? That way, the player can tell which is which. Maybe show the day it was created or a column that shows the address of the specific business that has the alerts. If players are still confused on which is which, maybe keep the preview option available even after renting out the building. But instead of showing what the building looks like when it’s empty, show a preview of what the building looks like currently. Chain stores are a pretty common thing for businesses irl. I was actually a bit surprised when I found out that wasn’t a thing in this game.

Be able to franchise a business so you can have more than one of the same business.

Doing this could also make the business more popular earning more money ( paying for the name).

However to balance this out you could have to have a office building when you make a franchise giving more uses for the office buildings.

There would be a manager for each business in the franchise or one manger could handle a certain amount of businesses.

Each franchise could potentially have its own warehouse that distribute only to the businesses in the franchise. Just an idea.

Each manager could handle prices for the business, marketing, distribution of good from franchise warhouse/s.

Or have it the way the offices are now but for the the pacific franchise it’s running.

Let us make a conglomerate like Alphabet, Amazon or Nestlé, with multi layered parent companies and subsidaries.
And please let us have Brands. You could make a real fast food chain like McDonalds for example and this could have a reputation system, that increases customer count for every shop by a percentage (and advertisment could affect the whole brand). Or it could also lead to decrease, caused by people boycotting it, when you do illegal stuff, thus making it a bit challenging if you earn less than you spend.
This would give opportunity to have to do counter measures like closing the less profitable stores, firing workers that get fixed salary or even selling a building.

You could also add something like urban development (free city wifi, investing in public transport), that would make your brand more popular.

2 Likes

Basically , I am also a fan of franchises or branding and I don´t know if this topic has been discussed already. I would be a great help if I can simplify the setting up of new rooms/buildings. I would be great if I can make blue print list of all furnishings I want to have for one business. I just call the furniture agent I click on the blue print of dedicated business I want to order for and the agent delivers accordingly.

Indeed!

The chain/franchise should form part of an IP, which has a monetary value and a level of “trust” with the banks, creating its own financial relationship with the banks and allowing capital to be borrowed. Things would get interesting if the player then uses that capital to invest into other IP’s - some banks might not care but others certainly would, and of course the tax man would take a view on it too

featue to have own brand like gucci wear ( bags , accesories etc.) , having own production of thouse brand with different cloth quality , and like there is hounderds of gucci stores or louis ? i would like to see that thing and and something like copy paste businesses

1 Like

Hello everyone, I suggest adding a system for creating your own brand. Having bought the Headquarters on a special tab, the player could create his own brand. By paying a certain amount of money for brand registration. Choose a logo, name and corporate color. Select a product type.
Add a “brand popularity” system to the brand
for example:

■ Clothes
■ Jewelry
■ Food products or fast foods
■ alcohol and cigars

The player could add his own brand to the existing enterprises, for example:
in the name of the business, add the item “Use the brand name” “Use the brand logo”
If the player selects “Use brand name”, then the brand name is added to the business name. And if the player chooses to “Use the brand logo”, then the business logo changes to the brand logo.
Thus, the player has created his own brand and uses the logo and brand name at his enterprise, having concluded several contracts with advertising agencies, he increases not only the marketing indicator of this enterprise, but also the brand popularity indicator.
Thus, over time, the player gradually develops his own brand and its popularity. You can also make the “brand popularity” grow based on the state of the enterprise, the quality of service, pricing, interior design at the enterprise and the cleanliness of the premises. If the buyers are satisfied with everything, then the popularity of the brand is growing. If customers are not satisfied with something, then the popularity of the brand decreases.
In the future, the brand can be used as follows. I am opening a new company under my existing “Popular Brand” because my brand is popular, it gives me a bonus to the “marketing” parameter. Sales and customer solvency are increasing.

2 Likes

We need it rn, would be nice to have a couple of places with the same name and same marketing and same policies and also hire a manager so we don’t have to be encharged of every little thing thanks

2 Likes