Compass

Love the ability use WASD to move, and Q/E to rotate. Sometimes when rotating or when the character pops out of a building and the camera auto-rotates, I’m not sure what direction I am facing. I have the map pretty well baked in my mind, so if I knew I the camera were facing East, I would be mentally oriented to the map.

**Edited so the Feature Suggestion is above. The paragraph below this was clarified by @Gerwanese **

Also, personally, I feel the new camera rotation is the opposite of what I expect (you are rotating the world rather than the “camera”). I know there was a previous suggestion to add the ability for us to toggle/invert the camera X-axis. That is marked as closed and implemented, but I’m not finding that option to manually change it.

You can find it in the options in main menu, last item is “Invert Rotation”.
The options aren’t accessible from inside the running game though, so you’d have to save and go back to the menu.

The options aren’t accessible from inside the running game though, so you’d have to save and go back to the menu.

Ahh…that was my issue. Thank you!

You need to press Q/E a lot in the game to rotate properly, why not set the ability for:
Every time you press Q/E the angle changes 90 degrees.
In that way I would press it once when I come to an intersection and twice if I accidentally run the wrong way.

1 Like

I would suggest 45 degrees just for more flexibility, but like the idea.

agree, 45 degrees will be a bit more smooth.