Cleaners not assigned to a business

When i hire cleaners to a business, they will be available in all businesses meaning that i can schedule them in all of my businesses, also when i select any cleaner using my employee tab i dont see the option to assign him/her to different business like other types of employees

1 Like

That’s by purpose, they’re meant to be used in different businesses. If you use them in too many businesses, they’ll get exhausted though.

1 Like

How they can be scheduled in all of the businesses at the same time?

1 Like

The time is actually something I would like to get rid of. As long as you can’t change their schedule, it’s useless to show “0-4”.
As far as I know, cleaning is just done exactly at 0:00 right now.
I know there’s also a suggestion to have more flexible times, because sometimes it would be useful to have cleaning in between the business hours.

1 Like

A thought…what if it were less of a specific time, and more of a “each business takes x time to clean”, and they are cleaned sequentially when they get added to the cleaning queue. Maybe you can set a threshhold of cleanliness - ie if any location gets below 80% clean, send a cleaner.

Of course, if multiple locations are dirty at once, the queue could get backed up. This would entice you to hire another cleaner to help during the busy hours, so they can rest and not be exhausted before starting the cycle over again.

it would be useful to have cleaning in between the business hours.

Very much, places get absolutely filthy during the day otherwise :smiley:

1 Like

I think another option would be not to have cleaners in the “Schedule” at all.
Instead, just hire as many cleaners as you wish into a “cleaners pool” and they will automatically clean any dirty business until they’re exhausted.
We could say that one cleaner is able to do “80% cleaning” a day (up to balancing later on).
Default could be: Max. 2 businesses a day, only when <60% clean.
And once you got your HQ with HR manager (coming soon), you can give them more specific orders, for example clean at 80% already and do 4 businesses a day (4 x 20% cleaning = their limit of 80% a day).
If you get the message “Business XY is dirty and needs to be cleaned”, you can simply hire another cleaner and don’t have to do anything else.

On the downside, this would be kind of simplified and less realistic, as in reality cleaners usually do have their fixed assigned businesses.

1 Like

I need my stores cleaned 3 times a day due to my long opening hours.
And besides, 4 hours to clean a store?

Say a store gets down to 70%-80% cleanliness, it should be able to fully clean it in 1 hour.

1 Like

Moving this to category General, as it’s not a bug but important discussion about handling cleaners.

1 Like

Or it could he skill based “this cleaner can do up to 80% per day, but this other cleaner is 1/4 of the price but can only do 60% per day. This means if I hire 2 cleaners at that lower price with the same or similar I can get 40% of another business cleaned. And since my business only does about x% grime, I should be able to upkeep up to x number of businesses per week with the 2 cleaners compared to only 2/3 of x with a pricier cleaner” is the kinda situation you should be going through.

Replying to this as several people are still requesting some version of “Cleaners should be able to clean multiple locations”.

I think a great solution is still to treat them like delivery people - one cleaner can handle a certain number of locations per day (based on building size and dirtiness level), depending on their skill level.

Maybe this should even be a “feature suggestion” rather than “general”.