Car duplicated

After driving out of the drive-in wholesale store, a second copy of my car appeared in the parking lot.

1 Like

Don’t notify the insurance company, I just needed a car to go to Mexico. I’m gonna borrow it for a few days, If you find placenta on it… Sorry!

1 Like

Ahh…that explains why the extra car despawned when I loaded the save game this morning! BRING IT BACK!! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:joy:

@SuperDave did you find any way to reproduce this? We’re struggling to do so.

1 Like

I also struggled to replicate it as wel. If memory serves, I believe I parked in the parking lot because I was 1 hour early, and I slept in my car. Then I drove inside the shop after that hour. When I came back outside, the car was doubled in the parking spot

1 Like

I’m going to start trying too, do you remember any other details by chance?

1 Like

Edit: You can’t sleep in the car if it’s parked illegally, so never mind on that idea.

I think…THINK…I parked illegally during my 1-hour nap. Based on the picture, the car is spawned on the parking line, instead of nicely between them, so maybe. Then I drove inside - I got out of the vehicle once inside to do my shopping, then I drove out. I’ll test that specific scenario, but other than that, it must be some random specifics.

1 Like

Since there are several of us trying to solve the same problem in the same way … it means it’s probably not the appropriate way. I’m going to start asking you some more specific questions in hopes that you can remember!

I know the time.
I know the store.
I know the modus operandi.
I know and own the vehicle you used to use.

There are variations though that I miss:
What parking space did you use for parking and sleeping?
How much time did you spend inside the store?
How much money did you spend inside the store?
What items did you buy? Number of items?

1 Like

Really wish I had saved the game here - I didn’t realize it would be such a rare thing!

From memory…

What parking space did you use for parking and sleeping?

I’m pretty sure I parked right where the duplicated car is sitting.

How much time did you spend inside the store?

Store opens at 8, I went in pretty much right away, and my screenshot is 10:02, which was moments after I got out of the store and saw the extra car…so about 2 hours inside.

How much money did you spend inside the store?
What items did you buy? Number of items?

Best guess - as this was early game - expensive gifts. Car inventory shows 3, but I might have grabbed one of three other items - cheap gifts, paper bags, soda.

I know it’s not exact, but it limits the options at least. But so far, I haven’t been able to duplicate it either.

1 Like

Don’t worry, you couldn’t possibly imagine that it would be so complex to reproduce the bug.

I mean, technically it’s better that way.
The more difficult the bug, the less chance there is of it reproducing itself even at release.

The car is in the middle between two specific parking lots, not a problem I’ll do a rotation on those two. At least we got all the other parking lots out of the way.

Okok, so all the giftshop materials, two hours of shopping more or less.
I’m going to start rotations on this information now.

As always, thank you for your kindness!

1 Like

I just had similar thing happen to me while playing Beta 2.

1 Like

I just had similar thing happen to me while playing Beta 2.

So I’m NOT crazy! This is good news…for me, not for the game, I suppose.

I was outside my office got in my car then noticed I just drove by a duplicate of my car.

1 Like

I’ve also had this bug, not sure what caused it but a duplicate appeared outside my apartment when I came back at night (if it was there when I left in the morning I didn’t notice it). They acted like separate cars except for the cargo which they shared.

1 Like

I have filed a bug report about this earlier today.
The bug seems to be caused by saving while in a vehicle and then entering a store.
Had this happen 3 times in a row

1 Like