Beta Bugs?

Hi,

so, let’s start with the problems I encountered in the first 6 hours of playing the beta version:

(ALREADY SOLVED)
Given the newly released beta I started a new game so I could try out the changes and bugfixes without being affected by an old game save. It became impossible for me to get a purchase agent. It does not physically tick in the hiring options (image attached). I asked on Discord and another gold user (bray#9942) said he had the same problem.
Immagine

I have bought all the necessary materials, rented the warehouse and the office … but nothing happens, the hiring option is not unlocked

Extreme Ease, it’s really too easy. You never have the feeling of going negative, even if you don’t follow the tutorial and do “what you want” absolutely nothing happens, on the contrary … … you earn loads of money.
This is a problem I have noticed as in less than 2 hours I started earning 150-200k per day. Cool, but I think a lot of work should be done on the balance of earnings. I have a shop and I earn 200k without having a structure behind it, without having created a warehouse or import structure and with a single shop with a “medium-low” target (39 entry index).

I’m sure this is done so just so alpha and beta testers can try out all the features, but please balance it out before release.

I’m putting this as a bug, although I don’t think it’s a bug.
Please set a minimum time to go to sleep.

It takes 20/30 sleep cycles to completely change the game, plus you never need to drink or eat during these sleep cycles, making the game itself extremely easy and “grindy” without a minimum wake time or nutritional systems.

The camera occasionally gets bugged, especially in vehicles. It’s rare but, in case you have a major accident, the camera will frame the side of the car without following the rear (making driving a very complex experience).

(Please don’t take my very liberal driving style into account).

After sleeping, buying a vehicle, buying food, driving a forklift or working in an early shop (like working in a supermarket) the character may get buggy and show an overlay of clothes.
(One is the blue fancy dress, the other overlapping is a grey hoodie).
This is pretty much just aesthetic, it doesn’t create a real “nuisance” to the game.

Please do not take my words the wrong way, I remind you that I use automatic translation software, so if I have been rude I apologise already.

Thank you very much, have a nice day

EDIT:

The liquor shop sells the same items as the cafeteria but does not sell liquor, according to the guide.
Great solution against alcoholism, however bad for business ahah

Immagine2

Immagine3

2 Likes

Hi @IronPatriot, just a quick comment on your 1st issue. I noticed they were moved to a new recruitment agency

2 Likes

Hi Ampire!

You’re great, I hadn’t seen that one at all.

So officially point number 1… is not a bug, it’s my oversight in full!
I’m not editing it so if someone has similar problems to mine they can read your solution.

Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Hey Iron,
Hopefully I can offer some help with your points. 2- The devs have said a few times in discord and on the forums that balancing the income will be coming in future beta updates. 3- People in the community agree with this I believe, there’s a suggestion pertaining to more things to do such as a gym or bar around the map, but again wouldn’t been seen for multiple updates. I can’t speak however on any dev plans to change the sleep system. 4- I’ve noticed this as well, new bug in Beta 1 I’m assuming due to all of the changes made to the driving mechanics; if this happens, getting out of the vehicle and moving the camera around with your mouse or q/e keys will reset the camera. 6- That’s a strange issue in the guide, in game the liquor store should be stocked with cigars and wine bottles for a 100% product range. Finally, can’t speak on number 5 as I haven’t experience it. Hope some of this helped!

2 Likes

Hi @Chuck !

First of all, thank you for your reply, I am sure that several minds, united, can find any solution. So thank you.

2- The devs have said a few times in discord and on the forums that balancing the income will be coming in future beta updates.

I’m sure you’re right, as much as I’ve also joined in the direction of such a chorus due to the fact that, conscious of the fact that you have to let testers try everything, the income is extremely unbalanced. Obviously I’m not a developer, so I don’t know the protocols that the aforementioned adopt.

I’m just afraid that not enough time will be given for economic balancing management.

Why this fear?
As a fan of management games, as probably everyone on this forum is, I have seen many games have exceptional potential but, due to lack of time and testing, finished in practically a couple of hours.

By this i dont mean that this team will make the same mistake, I’m sure they are skilled programmers and players of the genre. I played their StartUp Company, which was outstanding. I had a lot of fun with it!

But that’s the problem, in my opinion:
These titles, of these genres, usually have one giant weakness.
As soon as you understand the mechanism, the game is over. You have no reason to play it anymore.

That’s why I joined the economics chorus. At the cost of endlessly repeating myself and my fellow testers’ words to the point of being hated by the community.
Because this game, in my opinion, has crazy potential.

3- People in the community agree with this I believe, there’s a suggestion pertaining to more things to do such as a gym or bar around the map, but again wouldn’t have been seen for multiple updates. I can’t speak however on any dev plans to change the sleep system.

Absolutely agree with our colleagues’ idea to add activities!
The problem is that, without a minimum amount of “wake” and “sleep” time, the game can be finished within 10 minutes (Little do we care about now, what scares me is when the game is released). Don’t you agree with me that it would be interesting, after making the necessary changes to add activities in the city, to play the game as a “life simulation”? (Less bureaucratic, thankfully ahahah)

4- I’ve noticed this as well, new bug in Beta 1 I’m assuming due to all of the changes made to the driving mechanics; if this happens, getting out of the vehicle and moving the camera around with your mouse or q/e keys will reset the camera.

Ohhhh, copy that! Thank you!
So far I’ve had to restart the game … I’ll definitely try that when it happens again!

6- That’s a strange issue in the guide, in game the liquor store should be stocked with cigars and wine bottles for a 100% product range.

Yes, indeed! It is simply, I think, a link error in the source file. Nothing irreparable!
In fact, funny actually!

Finally, can’t speak on number 5 as I haven’t experienced it.

I can tell you that it’s quite annoying, but nothing that a “reload save” can’t fix. As soon as it happens again I’ll make the video and add it!

I hope I’ve explained myself as politely as possible… I hope this translation software didn’t add bad words or thoughts without a line of thought.
Please answer me with your ideas or thoughts on what I wrote, I would be very pleased!

Have a nice day!

1 Like

Hey @IronPatriot
Don’t worry, you have been very polite and understandable. I share your ambitions for this game and enjoy being in this community that encourage discussion. Talk to you soon!

2 Likes

Hi guys,

First of all thanks for sharing your impressions and discussing it here. It grants us some very valuable insight. We read everything in here, so please don’t hold back, even if we don’t participate in all topics :slight_smile:

Just wanted to share some info about a few topics:

Regarding #6 (the liquor store), I’ve fixed the incorrect help page content. Hotfix coming later today.

#2, as @Chuck mentioned already, we didn’t really balance anything yet. However, it’s already coming in Beta 2 as part of the new demand system. I’ll share more about this in this weekend.

About #3, absolutely. We prioritize the RPG segment secondary right now. It will for sure be improved a ton, but probably not before Beta 4 or 5 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello My Friend!

You see, I find it difficult to be able to speak in a straightforward way as I do not want to offend other people’s work in any way. I’m sure you are much more mature people than I am, because if someone were to say something wrong about one of my products I would honestly pull out the big guns ahahah!

It’s an extremely fine line that can be crossed without realising it.
And I don’t want to cross it.
From Constructive Criticism to Offensive Criticism is an instant!

I’ve tried to make my point as politely as possible, I hope I haven’t offended you or the development team. As I wrote to you privately, for me, you are doing an excellent job!

However, the fact that you said yourself that you will be working on it makes me assume in a proper testing time … so, although scared, the only thing to do is to wait and hope!